Sunday, February 26, 2012

First day of no steroids!

Finally I can wake up without taking the damn steroids. I been waiting for day for a while now. I actually felt a lot better yesterday already, nausea & sleeping wise.

We've been having some strong winds here recently, and I think I might be catching a cold. Which is really not good. So I started drinking 1-2 Tylenol extra strength a day, whenever I feel a headache or a sore throat. Also ate 3 garlic heads yesterday before I went to sleep, that should help.
I even started wearing Tanya's scarf when I go out because I cant find mine. Getting sick right now, even with a small cold could have really bad consequences for me due to my lowered white blood cell count. I measure my temperature 10 times a day right now, if it hits 38C, I have to go to emergency room.

I seem to be experiencing extreme tiredness in my arms (biceps and triceps) and shoulders. I'm monitoring this symptom very closely, because chemo can cause permanent numbness in some parts of the body. I hope this isn't it. If anything, I already know my oncologist's phone number by heart.

Overall, I'm quiet happy that I been able to get somewhat normal sleep lately.. going to sleep around 2am, and waking up at 8am, and sleeping pretty much uninterrupted.

I still feel completely exhausted by 9-10pm. But this gives me time to explore new things to do at home. Tanya started reading me a very famous Russian book, something I would have never do on my own. Still working on figuring out my electronics project that I want to do. But I got plenty of time for that!

1 comment:

  1. Vlad your story is just truely inspiring each and everyday . Your updated keep others motivated and your strength is indescribably incredible:). I am soo happy to be able to read and learn about your journey, keep the updates coming as I am sure you are helping millions out there to get through some of the toughest struggles in life.

    Let me know when I can visit
    Xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete