Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Back from Niagara Falls

The trip was amazing! The temperature was +10c ... whoever doubts global warming.. this is proof.
First we hit the wineries for some wine tasting ( I only had 1 small sip), everyone else had a sip and then some.
We got a nice bottle of wine and went to the Great Canadian Cheese Factory. Also bought some salami and buns on the way. We ended up having a picnic near a farm.. there was a pony not to far from us. 

I didn't even feel nauseous or any pains at all. Then, we finally got into our hotel room, on 20th floor facing the falls.. really really nice. We went to The Keg .. a pricey place known for its steaks. Ordered a bunch of appetizers for the 80$ worth of credit we had. And I had a $41.00 + tax (13%)  steak... T-Bone.. which was nice and soft, but I certainly didn't taste $41.00 worth of awesomeness. It was comparable to $15 steak at your regular bar. 

By 9pm I started having some spleen pains, especially when walking or doing anything active. I noticed the bump (enlarged spleen) came back. It was it manageable pain, but still a lot of discomfort. When I was taking Prednisone (steroid pills), I remember noticing that the spleen became a lot softer and smaller in size. And I defiantly recall being relieved from the pain. 

I will ask my doc on the 17th (my bday) about this. But as off right now, the pain is pretty much continuous at about 6-7 out of 10. Sometimes it spikes and reaches 10. I also started having sore throat and sensitive teeth. No fever, I measure it 10 times a day.

Then we took off to Dave and Buster's, we had $80 worth of credit to spend there.. that was pretty fun. By 9 or 10pm I felt enough pain that I had to go to our room for the rest of the night. I was very very tired also.

Next day, since morning, the pain stayed there at the same level. Sometimes I would not feel much, but still discomfort.  I also find myself sometimes being disoriented a little, my gf confirms this also. Happened few times last couple of days. Had a little bit of issue answering a question. I also lost some more weight, about 2kg. Now I weigh at 80.00 kg, which is a new low for me. Still room to go.

Overall, I guess the symptoms are a bit worse. But it still beats being nauseous in my opinion.

On the way, we stopped at our friend's Mama's Pizza. He made us one delicious pizza which I still can taste in my mouth. Took us a while to get home cause we got stuck in traffic.

But Tema (cat) was very glad to see us. And it was well worth the drive.


p.s. if anyone has any advice on the mouth sores, please don't hesitate to comment.

6 comments:

  1. Next time you'll be here, I'll take you to taste a real 41$ value steak... )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call your Dr. Right away they will order you a swish and spit followed by a swish and swallow mouth treatment for the sores. I had the same problem even though I rinse 4 times a day with salt water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get something for your mouth sores? Have you signed up for any of the free programs with the cancer clinic. I go to one called qi gong it is a martial arts program that deals with deep breathing exercises. We can bring a friend to this one so if it's available in your area Tanya could join you. They do breathing exercises but also do about half the class talking about the health issues surrounding cancer. You can ask questions and they will try to answer them for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lynda,
      I talked to my doc about the mouth sores and he recommended what you did.. salt+water rinsing. It works really well, even though I have to do it like 4 times a day, its fine. Thanks! As for the programs, I will check them out, but right now I got tons of stuff to do. I constantly bug my doc with questions, so I get good answers regarding any other symptoms.

      Delete