Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day after chemo + more info about me

I got a minute right now. So I thought I'd tell you how things going so far.
I did not get much sleep at all. I was laying in bed for about 3 hours with my eyes closed, but just could not fall asleep. Only at about 4am I finally got some sleep.. sorta. Was rolling all over the bed, but at least something nevertheless. I woke up at 8am... immediately ate some cereal and took the 2 Prednisone pills. Hopefully by evening they will finally edge off and let me have some sleep. Otherwise, I'll continue to be a zombie for however many days it takes.

I also have moments when I feel nauseous, but i quickly think of something else and it seems to do the trick. I still haven't tried the anti puke medicine they gave me (Prochlorazine). It says on the label that its dangerous to drive a car with it, cause it will make you feel like your on LSD. I am also kinda hoping that my doc will give me a prescription to medicinal marijuana instead - kinda have more faith in it.

I've decided to tell you a little bit more about myself. I work as a day trader from home. I trade the commodities markets such as oil. Mostly, I trade the Emini SP 500 futures. I've been doing this for about 3 years now, but only recently enough to call it a decent income. I think this job suites me extremely well right now, because I do it from home.

I am or now more appropriate was, considered among my friends to be a healthy guy. I rarely got sick, and I avoided medicine like Advil and Tylenol most of my life. In fact, I must have taken less than 5 pills in the last 5 years prior chemo. I always let my body fight the little viruses I did catch. Never had a flu in the last 3 years. Never did the flu shot either. I eat a lot of home made food, with lots of veggies and fruits.

So this did come as a shock to me. But I  don't blame anyone or anything. Although, I did live in the town that was one of the worst hit after the Chernobyl nuclear meltdown accident. I was 1 years old at the time of the accident. Continued to live there for about 5 more years. But, from my research on the subject, it appears to be that most kids that did suffer cancer, did so at the age of 5-7. But who knows, right? Point is, playing the blame game wont fix anything. Just have to deal with the current situation. Concentrate on the positive, and never give up, physically nor mentally.

I know this sounds cheesy, but it really really really helps to have the support of your family and friends. So if you are thinking of weather to tell your friends or not. In my opinion, do it, the earlier the better. They will make your journey easier. At least they do it for me.

2 comments:

  1. Since when you need prescription to smoke marijuana in Canada? hehehe. Hope you get some sleep. Get on a couch and watch some animal planet or discovery channel. Best sleeping med, no kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...it will make you feel like your on LSD..." - I would take two..

    ReplyDelete