Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 1 after chemo #2

Yesterday I been feeling nauseous all day. Finally I let it rip in the evening. I think I puked out everything that I've eaten that day. I felt so much better after thought.. finally some relief.

I even felt asleep for an hour two. Spent the rest of the night rolling around the bed, till finally 6:30 am I woke up and started browsing the net. Trying to find out if I should fight the nauseous feeling or just surrender to it. The body probably knows better than my conscious self what it needs to do.

In the meanwhile, I will be drinking lots and lots of water and tea to prevent dehydration. If I feel alright today, I'll try to visit my doc and get that prescription for medicinal marijuana. I'm hoping it will kill the nausea and give me back the ability to sleep.

Also, when I was receiving my chemo, the nurse said that my white blood cell count was low. That means the chemo is doing it's job and I should really be careful and avoid public places, as I can get infected a lot easier now.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Vlad I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so many symptoms. Make sure when you ask the Dr. for marijuana that you get the kind you smoke and not the pill form. I heard from the pt.s that I looked after that it doesn't work as well. It's called nabilone. Feel better soon. P.s don't wait until your next appt. call them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynda. I will get on it today for sure. How is your battle going? Hope its better than mine.

      Delete
  2. What did you find - Should you fight the feeling or let it go? Not sure about chemo, but usually fighting the nauseousness just made it worse for me. Water+Water+Water+bathroom+++++, feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm halfway through the chemo. So far so good. The next 4 have scarier side effects such as bone pain and possibly permanent numbness in my toes and fingers. But I will remain optimistic. What can we do? We must trust in the plan we have decided on. Because life is precious and worth fighting for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad your doing good so far. Permanent numbness.. that's pretty scary. I hope that won't happen. What is the name of the chemo you are receiving? For sure we must stay optimistic and positive, can't give up !

      Delete