Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chemo #2

Had my second chemo today. The nice part is that Canadian Cancer Society got me a ride there and back for free. The crappy part is that I've already taken the sleeping and nausea pills, and 1 hour since I still can't fall asleep and feel nauseous.

Symptoms are the same as during chemo number. Feeling very very tired. Feel like you just went for a 2 hours walk, came home and took a bath and want to sleep --- but can't. I think its from the Prednisone (steroid).. if that's the case, then my next 5 days will be very similar like last time. With the exception of sleeping pills not working.
Feels like there is a war brewing in my chest. I feel the nausea, then something tries to minimize the feeling, then it comes back. It's like the pill is struggling to work.

I think I will ask my doc for a medicinal marijuana prescription. I've asked the nurse weather a lot of patients use it.. she said yes. I hear that it helps with the nausea, sleeping and eating. I rather take some grass then 10 different pills.

Today's chemo lasted about 4.5 hours.. longer than the 2-3 I was promised.

It's 1:00am now, way past my usual bed time of 11pm. Sitting here, and exploring new ideas for a new hobby of mine.. soldering/electronics. I think I want to build something flying and remote controlled.

2 comments:

  1. Let me know when you're feeling better Vlad, I would love to come by to cheer you up :))).

    Xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should build a chopper with a mounted camera. I always wanted one when i was a kid.. Hell, i still want one.

    ReplyDelete