Monday, June 4, 2012

Update!

A lot has been happening in my life that prevented me from posting including a fair share of laziness.
I been helping my parents sell their house and buy a condo, and move to a new bigger apartment myself.

I have concluded my 5th and 6th chemo treatments. They both were less than pleasant.  Still fighting mouth sores from the 6th chemo.  I don't know what I have to do to avoid them. I been brushing my teeth 3 times a day and washing my hand like 6 times a day.  Still got them.

The ct scan from my 3rd chemo showed significant improvements along with some bad stuff. The good news is that my spleen and the lesions on it have significantly decreased in size. The same goes for the lymph nodes. But they were still abnormal. The bad news is that they suspect that I have lymphoma in parts of my spine T3, T9-T12 vertebrae, and on a couple of ribs. When I asked about that, they told me that it was there from the beginning, but nobody told me about that.

Today I got the news from my post 6th chemo ct scan. Again, progress ... lymph node shrank in size from 4.5cm to 2.9cm ( 1.5cm is considered normal, anything above is not normal). And my spleen with the lesions on it shrank. This is all great news, but not good enough. I was hoping to be done. Instead I have to do 2 more chemo sessions, 8 in total.

My overall energy is way up. More than I had before I started chemo. Obviously this is only in between chemo, but still noticeable.  It's finally harvest season, and I been able to get my hands on some good organic marijuana, that's been given as much personal care as Kobe Beef. It really makes a difference. Special thanks goes to that person, you know who you are.

I am mentally strong as ever. A bit bummed out but not giving up. There is no choice but to remain strong.
I am not sad. I am not scared. I do not regret.

This whole experience made me a better and stronger person. If I had the choice, I would not change this part of my life.

4 comments:

  1. Stay strong! Smile and laugh lots! If that means I need to come and tickle you, I will:) Big hugs,
    Ksu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong Vladichka!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That some good news man. Not the best possible, but definitely good. Progress na litso kak govoritsja.
    I guess you will have to hold your LCBO VIP card for few more weeks tho :-/, but no worries it ain't going anywhere, I promise!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome to hear that there is a definite progress and even more amazing to know that you are staying strong and positive :). Hopefully the next two rounds of chemo will be a bit easier on your body. Please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete